Saturday, December 6, 2008

Disarmament

No arms. But stuff on the torso, body core, corps, corpse…



These are all pieces I've finished in the past week. I wonder what the stuff on the chest is. The surfaces suggest micrographs of pollen (scroll down about a third of the page) or diatoms (scroll down two-thirds of the page). Maybe that's because I continue to be interested in how humans are part of the continuum of life on the planet.


Those aren't arms. It's milk squirting out like pearls.

I want to let you know that I put up my 2002 stop-action animation film, The March of the Teapots, on YouTube. As soon as I figure out how to break up the Circular Statements video that Gail Schwartz made into three smaller segments, I’ll put that up too.

The question for this post comes from here. How would you encapsulate your life story, your philosophy, your achievements, or your insights in six words? I might say (partly taken from a poem by my mother):

Leap before you look! Bonzai! Hurrah!

6 comments:

Sammy said...

You're developing a lovely BODY of work (haha)….

Maggie Neale said...

Oh, Janet, you are so powerful! And creative! Great blog. Was intrigued by your question to phrase in six words my philosophy or life path... Lifting spirit by color and energy.
Thanks for the challenge.
Check out my blog at colormusings.blogspot.com

Sherrie said...

Summing up anything in a few words has never been my strong point, sorry to say.

But I can tell you what I came here to say in six words:

I really enjoy reading your blog! :)

janetvanfleet said...

Gee, thanks, Saphron! Come back anytime!

ohjoyohjoy said...

My Philosophy In Six Words X 2

(This is like a tea tag...)

Share tea
Talk
Inspire
Real art

(or a fortune cookie...)

Give all of what you understand.

wim said...

I like these sculptures, they do make me think about voodoo ;-)