Sunday, April 18, 2010

A week in DC, installing the Art of Action in the Russell Rotunda

In the April 13, 2010 issue of ROLL CALL, the Capitol Hill Newspaper in DC, this photo appeared. I can't remember (or even imagine, given this photo) what I was doing, but as my son Jonas said, "Apparently there was some crazy lady loose in one of the Senate office buildings with a screwdriver and a shock of wild salt & pepper hair. I think they called in Marlin Perkins to hit her with a tranquilizer dart."


I was there to install an Art of Action exhibit, which was up from April 12 - 16. Here's a more sedate view of the exhibit, at the reception/photo opportunity in the Russell Rotunda, following the coffee hour in Senator Leahy's office.

2 comments:

Candy Barr said...

HEY~ so sorry I didn't get invite or know about this. We were in DC then! Trillium moved into new apt by Dupont circle and I had lunch at the Monocle on Monday!

Maggie Neale said...

And I was in DC last week viewing cherry blossoms, but only because our flight was late and we missed connection
Love the photo of you as wild woman, thanks for posting. Still traveling with Art of Action, huh? Missed you at Art Group.