Monday, April 20, 2015

News, News, News!



Such a lot is afoot! And here's the news in chronological order:

 

The first excitement is the wonderful TELEPHONE project that Nathan Langston and the Satellite Collective in New York organized. I had just started working with photographs when I got hooked up with the project, and made a boat piece using found photographs that responded to a work by an artist in Istanbul, Turkey. The project is going live online now!  You can find my piece here, at the end of one of the strands of the web, and you can follow it back to the beginning. It's fun to cruise around, going both backwards and forwards in the process. There was a great article in the New York Times today about the project, and you can see the article online here.

 Next, I'm reminding folks that I'm having my studio open this Friday in conjunction with International Sculpture Day, organized by the publishers of Sculpture magazine. I'll be at the studio, 201 North Main Street in Barre, Vermont from 9 AM-4 PM on Friday, April 24, 2015, talking about and showing my 3-dimensional work, and I'll have coupons available for a 20% discount on membership in the International Sculpture Center, which includes a subscription to Sculpture magazine.


Third, I'm joining a cooperative gallery organized by Glen Coburn Hutcheson, located where Gallery Six was -- near the corner of Barre Street and Main Street in Montpelier. It is yet to be named, but it will probably have a name before May 1, when we'll be open for the Montpelier Art Walk, 4-8 PM. I hope to see folks there.


And finally the GREAT ANNUAL SPA BASH IS COMING:
 

BASH:  Big Arty SPA Happening

Fri., May 8, 7-9PM

Join us for our annual fundraising party, with great art, music & eats.  Enjoy the current exhibits, including Gone Fishing in the main floor gallery & Sweet Images upstairs.   Kick back to the high energy Cajun music of the Green Mountain Playboys, bid on wonderful items in the silent auction fundraiser [including a bunch of my button fish], view the art of free-style fly tying with Judd Levine [which is going to be set up in my studio!], and more.  (The silent auction includes artwork, crafts and many other great items.  Bidding starts now and concludes at the BASH.)  Cash bar by Dustin Smith of the Morse Block Deli.

Tickets:  $15 advance/$25 day of event
(You may reserve your tickets with Paypal at the SPA website. Scroll down to "Class or Fee Payment".)


No comments: