Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Latest Wine Foils


It's been awhile since I've posted about the wine foils I've been working on, but I'm really committed to getting 26 of them together and creating an ABC book. I have no idea how I'll go about trying to publish it, or what the format will be... Should there be a rhyme, maybe even a limerick, associated with each? Is this for grownups or children or both?

For awhile I was particularly drawn to the (fairly rare) green foils, and made a number with a botanical flavor:






Then I worked on trying to make pieces that could represent the more challenging letters at the end of the alphabet -- U for underwear (above), V for valise, X for Xray, and Z for zipper:








Even though the originals are on white paper, I wondered if it would be fun to make the backgrounds different colors:





What do YOU think?


No comments: