Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Hell Dispersed

In September of 2023 I put up my large free-standing installation, A Guided Tour of Dante's Inferno on my land in Cabot, Vermont. You can see some images on Instagram here.  I had it open briefly for people to come visit and then I offered to give individual pieces and parts of the installation to people who were interested. I cut up the painted Styrofoam bases that the figures were mounted on to make individual units that could be taken away. Many people nearby in central Vermont took pieces, and during the summer of 2024 my friend Karen Thomsen from Denmark and Dusty Haller from Rhode Island came and each claimed a piece. Here are some images they sent me of the pieces in their new homes:

Karen took a Usurer from the 7th Circle and it is now in her apartment in Copenhagen:

 

Dusty took a Glutton from the 3rd Circle. Here it is on the "secretary" at her house:

Open photo 

Open photo 

Open photo 

I try to keep a record of where my work goes out into in the world here in this blog!

No comments: