Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some Images From ON THE PLANET in Nagoya, Japan

I had a wonderful trip to Japan, and wrote about it on our Nagoya-Vermont Blog

Here is an overview of my part of the installation and some closeups.




I was pleased to be doing work that was both beautiful and also connected with the issue of Biodiversity. During the course of the exhibition I was on a panel, and as we prepared beforehand, I was asked why the United States was not a party to the International Convention on Biodiversity. I did not know why (but guessed it might have something to do with biotechnology and bioengineering corporations). When I got back, I wrote to our congressional delegation and heard back from Senator Leahy that he, at least, thought we should sign the convention. When I wrote back to ask if he would spearhead such an effort in the senate, I didn't hear back. There is a lot going on in Washington now, and I guess preserving the other species on the planet isn't on the top of the pile.

3 comments:

Wendy James said...

I love the 3-D "egg" shape lighting in the Japan show piece.

jane horner said...

the lighting is spectacular. Takes the piece to a higher level. I love your work.

I now have a house in NC. In the process of moving right now. 1514 North Pasteur Street, New Bern, NC 28560 802-734-1002

jane horner

jane horner said...

the lighting is spectacular. Takes the piece to a higher level. I love your work.

I now have a house in NC. In the process of moving right now. 1514 North Pasteur Street, New Bern, NC 28560 802-734-1002

jane horner