Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Button Dresses













This is the last of the catch-up projects I decided to do after getting back from Japan. (Actually it was the first piece I worked on after getting back, but I hadn't photographed it before yesterday.)

It uses the last of my antique thread stands, and this one is special because it is a double. Over a year ago I made a sketch of a black and white pair for this stand, and so it was just a question of making it happen. Under the conical bottom of the stand is another antique piece of wood from the Lane Shops that I got from Schuyler Gould.

All my button dresses are sold and gone. This is the only one remaining. It's interesting how these appeal to people. Perhaps it's the charm of the miniature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one left! I can't help it, I find them adorable too. I can see why they are so popular.

Unknown said...

Well, that's because you are sensitive to the small-images-of-humanoids medium!