Friday, March 7, 2014

Tool Box in The Nitty-Gritty Show


Last night was the opening reception for The Nitty Gritty, "An exhibit that shows the industrial buildings, quarries, tools and people that have left an indelible imprint on our region" at SPA. Heather Milne, the wonderful sculptor who recently completed the four-piece granite installation called Coffee Break, spoke at 5:45 about her experience proposing and then creating a carving related to the theme of blue-collar work ethic and integrity.


I usually hang out in my studio during receptions, but I decided I'd spend most of the evening mingling in the gallery. There are so many people and so many things going on during receptions that I think it's a very different experience depending on where you are located in the building.


I made some modifications to Tool Box since I last posted an image here on the blog -- added more nails to the top and some more hammers in the box.



No comments: