Thursday, May 21, 2015

Open Studio Weekend


This Saturday, May 23, I'll be participating in the Open Studio weekend, along with many of the other studio artists at SPA, 201 North Main Street in Barre, Vermont, 10 AM - 5 PM.

I've done a few more of the paintings over old paintings from the late 1990's:

I decided, at Liz Nelson's recommendation, NOT to include the elephant in the first one. She suggested maybe to pair it with a line of my teapots...




Now I have turned my attention to working on a large series of loose-grid pieces that look at inner cities, the police killings of unarmed black men, and other experiences of urban areas. This is one of the first sketches. I now have MANY portraits of African-American people that I will use in this work. It's pretty exciting. I will be working on this project during Open Studios.


If you're in the area, I'd love to see you come visit the studio on Saturday!


No comments: