Friday, December 11, 2015

A Look at the Studio


There's lots that's new in the studio. I'm getting ready to go to New Orleans in January and February. Georgia Landau will be using some of my space for a painting studio, and she'll also be taking care of my houseplants that I have been bringing in on days when it's above freezing.


I've brought out six old pieces from the late 90's that I wanted to look at again, hanging below next to a new version of the 5x5 grid in which I've written the appropriated text with a cool, very opaque white pen.


Here's a closeup of the grid. You can see that I've labeled the rows and columns, which I didn't do on the typewritten version. I also write a narrative about the process (here, in the lines between rows, I'm describing how I sampled the text):


Next is a look at some of the new pieces, which I'll talk more about in a subsequent post:



No comments: