Wednesday, December 16, 2015

More Dialogue


I have three human/animal pairs that I originally made for the Parade series



and now I'm in the process of incorporating each of the pairs into a larger sculpture so that I'll have a series of three larger pieces. My last post was the first, called Dialogue, and here is the second, Dialogue 2.

The piece is 18 x 23.5 x 9.5" in size. The front of the sculpture uses the paired figures (I shortened the legs on the human figure ) and a house motif, with collaged images of animals and humans.


On the back, hidden in a sense, are statements in which I've tried to represent perspectives of animals and humans as they make an attempt, in some cases, to understand the perspective of the other. Sometimes they just rant.


Since you have to peek around the corners to read the texts/utterances, it's hard to show in a photograph...



No comments: