Monday, March 8, 2021

March 8

 Today I recycled the spiral bits from yesterday's failure. I have a piece that is, again, offering something -- in this case, a sailboat.

I have always been a bit obsessed by boats, though I don't know why. I grew up in New Mexico, and boats were certainly not a thing there!! I have a whole series of boats I've made recently, that I exhibited at the Visitors Center in Montpelier just as the Pandemic started. Here they are, back in the studio again:


 And today's boat, a blonde confection of sorts


The boat body is made from a segment of a seed pod, and the sail is skin from a banjo head. The head is a piece of driftwood that darkened more than I expected after I painted it with beeswax (with which I finish most of my wood pieces).

I also made a lot of progress on the Mum piece... more on this on Wednesday.



No comments: